Thursday, February 7, 2008

In honor of my Mother


My mother passed away suddenly on Christmas Eve this past year.  She died of bone cancer that we didn't even know about until 6 days before she died.  It was very difficult to lose her.  I was always very close to her and contribute much of my success as an artist to her loving encouragement.  I wanted to do something special for my father when she died in tribute to her.  I decided to do a portrait of the 2 of them together.  I portray them about 20 years younger than they are now -as it is how all of us remember them most.  It was during the time when most of the family was still living together at home.  My older brother and myself were the only ones old enough to be out of the house and on our own.  Anyway, my mother was one of my very closest friends and I hope I caught the sparkle in her eyes and a sense of her beautiful essense and positive attitude.

1 comment:

Jahn said...

I really love this portrait of your parents, Dan!